Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Spiky

Inspirational song: Moonglow (Benny Goodman Quartet)

Turns out the sore throat I mentioned last night was indeed persistent. Not a fleeting sensation caused by snoring in dry air. I elected to stay home from Rotary rather than risk spreading a bug of unknown origin to my friends and acquaintances. I hope it's gone by tomorrow. I did feel sore and pokey all day, and as I settle in for the night, my ear aches a bit. I've coughed from the irritation, not from any goopiness in my head or chest. 

I didn't leave the house today. I didn't even throw on clothes until late afternoon, and then it was just a pair of sweats that I'd worn once before. Suppose that's enough intentional rest to overcome a scratchy throat? I hope so.

I mustered up enough energy to straighten my room, vacuum, and put away clean clothes. It made the day feel less like a waste. I even managed to make a decent vegetable stir fry using only things I already had on hand, and we made it through three more episodes of Good Omens. For a sick day, it turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment