Sunday, October 29, 2023

What Did I Expect

Inspirational song: Black Coffee in Bed (Squeeze)

From start to finish, we ended up with a grand total of about four inches of snow. If they had just stuck with the initial predictions, which were right around there, I would have been pleased to meet expectations with the first snowfall of the season. But no, they had to talk up this Snowmaggedon that was never going to hit my part of the county, no matter how much I begged. There were places farther south, different Denver suburbs for example, that had darned near knee deep accumulation. There's only thin coverage in my back yard now, after dogs have tromped on it a bit, and it hasn't been above freezing all day. I wish they had managed expectations better.

We were all so worn out today. I don't think any of us had good sleep last night. The boy kept asking to go out, including bringing me one of his snow boots, knowing that he needed shoes on to go "a-a-out?" We kept saying no, knowing how much he hates cold. We watched movies most of the day, and grandpa and Dmitri napped together twice. At one point during their second nap, Valerie fell asleep in my lap, when the home remodeling video we were watching together bored her. I was the only one who couldn't fully fall asleep (until after they left, for 15-20 minutes), because I couldn't shut my brain down.

Between all the plants we brought in, the pumpkins, and the latest round of storage boxes we have set out to sort, the main floor of this house is a crowded wreck. I should be glad it was such a nap-heavy day. There was no room for serious playing. Any time they tried to run around and be goofy, someone would end up tripping or bonking on something. I think the things I am tasked to sort will primarily end up in the donation bin. I need my space back.

(For pictures, sorry, looks like my front-facing camera was smudged.)



No comments:

Post a Comment