Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Unclear

Inspirational song: Pusherman (Curtis Mayfield)

Rats. I tried. I thought it would be a good night last night and a better day today. I spoke too soon. I learned that when Sudafed runs out, it stops working immediately. No gradual tapering in efficacy to give you fair warning to take more. I wanted a quiet night. I did not get one. Sorry to all those trying to sleep within 40 feet of where I was hacking.

I took more Sudafed before Rotary, but I might have only taken one pill. I held up through most of the meeting, but when the speaker or someone at my table said something that made me chuckle briefly, it was all over. I had to dash outside and hack up a lung twice. I felt very conspicuous. It was a surreal meeting. While we were still eating, I caught myself staring off into the distance like I was deep in thought. I might have even been scowling. But if anyone had asked what I was thinking about, I am 100% certain I was singing a TV theme song in my head, like Gilligan's Island or the Monkees. So glad I didn't have to explain myself.

I came home wiped out. I accomplished nothing of value since I arrived home, other than over-browning a frozen GF pizza with garden tomatoes on it. I think I'm going to go to bed early, hide from the dreadful international news, and watch furniture restoration videos until I'm unconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment