Wednesday, January 31, 2024

On Paper

Inspirational song: Whipping Post (Allman Brothers Band)

Today sucked. That's pronounced with about 14 us (yooos). I worked on a continuing education course chapter about fair housing laws that took so long it should have been its own 3 credit class. Then I switched to trying to file a 1099 for the rental on my crappy computer that I bought as a cheapo back when I first started in real estate. I do not want a new computer, even though an upgrade would be advantageous. I dislike laptops. I like tablets. I have someone offering to help me upgrade the guts of this one, so I'll start there.

I was still raging at the horribleness of tax forms when our college roommate arrived for game night. It took me too long to wind down to play Dice Forge. By halfway through the game, we were all starting to recognize we had skipped dinner, so I ordered chicken from Post, and let them add up my points while I drove for pickup. Now that we are full of fried chicken and fixins, I'm much more relaxed. 

I also managed to get out of helping put away the game, since I didn't play round two, that started while I was out. I'm happily bloating in my chair, listening to them continue to talk smack to each other. This is why we protect our Wednesday nights so jealously. They are healing in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment