Sunday, November 3, 2013

An Hour Off

Inspirational song: Darkness (The Police)

Try as I might, I can't think of a single time I've really been a fan of daylight savings time. I really think it is stupid. Perhaps when we lived in an agrarian society it was a good idea. Maybe while we were building coal-fired power plants to light our incandescent bulbs it seemed like an energy saving plan. As our technology advances, our urban schedules transcend traditional circadian rhythms, can we please look at phasing out this stress-inducing notion of switching our clocks twice a year? It really seems so pointless to me. We already do business across time zones, so the idea that people are able to sleep when it is dark and be awake when it is light is a fallacy. If you want to save energy, switch to led lights and upgrade the grid. If you need your workers to be productive during daylight, set their schedules appropriately. Just stop this nonsense of screwing with our sleep cycles. 

And I don't just think it because it's so hard to convince the dogs that their dinner time is suddenly an hour later. Dogs do not have daylight savings time.

I am struggling with my book challenge today. I only got out two paragraphs so far. I'm not following my own advice. The idea was to write the story first and add scenes later to flesh it out. I let myself read what was written, and I got all distracted about consistency, and didn't let myself further the story. I still have an hour or two until my usual bedtime. I can still find a little groove before I call it a day.

It was not a big picture day. I have one from last night, of what my big chicken boy thought of me wearing fox ears and makeup. He apparently was not interested to hear what the fox said.

No comments:

Post a Comment