Saturday, November 23, 2013

We Are the Musicmakers

Inspirational song: Pure Imagination (Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory)

Oh, Internet. Why do you insist on ruining my childhood? I didn't need to know that extra detail about Roald Dahl. If you don't know, just wait. Someone will send you the link too.

I realized that I've been spending the entire month of November entirely engrossed in my imagination. Not gonna lie, it feels pretty good. When the girls were very little, I had some deeply unfulfilling jobs, doing a lot of data entry. I spent a lot of time daydreaming about what it would be like being able to spend my all time being creative, instead of stamping advertising codes in catalogs for hours. For the last three weeks, I have done little but create. I have been able to crawl deep into my imagination to write the ghost story, write the blog, and design and paint the holiday sign. From where I was, to where I am now, I guess I can tell myself I have arrived. Or perhaps I will when I actually start making a living doing this. For now, my only compensation is the way I feel when I'm able to step back and survey my creations. Or view them from above, from upstairs, as I have been doing with the sign, so I can see how it looks from a distance. It's feeling really amazing, as it is all coming together, exactly like I imagined it.

I saw another ad for a movie I have been anticipating today. They've remade the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I haven't checked the release date, but I must hope that it will still be in theaters when my man makes it home for his vacation. If there is anyone in the demographic for this movie, it's the man who still hasn't decided what he wants to be when he grows up. You can't imagine how many plans and schemes I have heard over the years. Every time I think he has found the best one, and I'm ready to wrap my mind around a crazy idea like selling our house, buying a school bus to convert to an RV, and traveling the country being landscape photographers (he's a way better photographer than I am), then he will come up with something entirely different, and I have to change directions, and start planning the menu for our restaurant, or wondering where we will get the investment cash to start flipping houses. I guess together, we are the dreamers of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment