Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Coloring Book

Inspirational song: With or Without You (U2)

I'm in a much happier place tonight. I was dissolving in stress, until this afternoon, when the same friends who drove with me to bunco last night both came over and helped me paint. And one of them, my mah jongg master, read over the contest rules, and pointed out that there is a date discrepancy. I had heard two different due dates, and was assuming the earlier one is correct. The rules say I have until Monday to finish this sign. Considering I thought I had about 24 more hours to finish, Monday seems weeks away. I now have the luxury of time.

I was up until around three this morning, working on the part I find most difficult, the design and layout. My picture, which will feature three women (representing generic club members), dressed as elves, is still in the rough sketch stage. That's tomorrow's project. Today was all about the calligraphy. I penciled in all the lettering, then when my friends came to help, I outlined them in Sharpie. I created a giant coloring book, and handed them green paint. I hope they enjoyed coloring as much as I did. I swore, as we were all sore from sitting on the floor, and painting coat after coat, that I would publicly proclaim how much I appreciated their help. It is the honest truth. I am so glad they were here. There might have been a little smack talking about quality of work. But as the photo shows, they did a great job, and it made a huge difference.

I think my body is done for tonight. I've been staying up too many late, late nights in a row. There is a small, fuzzy kitten next to me who needs to be hauled upstairs to take her place on the electric blanket, and I need to rest up for a big day of art tomorrow. (And said kitten needs to be revealed as the egg-stealing weasel that she is. Photos to follow.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment