Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Art, Annie, Art

Inspirational song: Champagne Jam (Atlanta Rhythm Section)

Wasn't today supposed to be all about art? I was supposed to make signs all day. Instead, I was elbows deep in paperwork the entire day, until my eyes were crossing at the mere thought of digging up one more account number or balance. And I'm still not done filling it all out. I just want this part over with.

I never did find a metal pie plate for the kids' trophy. I have one last ace up my sleeve for tomorrow to find it, in the dumbest, most literal way. If I can't find it at the Ace Hardware where the last sales clerk suggested I would find my holy grail, then I will give up and paint the glass one. I really don't want to hand a piece of glass to a child who may still have whipped cream making his or her hands slippery. Seriously.

I tried to start making the signs for the ticket and check in tables, and I haven't got the slightest bit of art left in me. I am using a cheap shower curtain liner, and framing it with duct tape for stability. I made an unmitigated mess in my fatigue, and looked at my failure, said "duck it," felt shame for the pun, and then settled down to watch Run, Ronnie, Run on the laptop. It's all I'm good for at the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment