Friday, August 12, 2016

Waiting for the Night

Inspirational song: When Will I Be Loved (Linda Ronstadt)

I knew sitting outside pulling weeds in the sun for hours would have serious consequences. I've been stuck inside all day today, with a migraine peeking in and out of existence. I feel like hell and I have been waiting for hours for the sun finally to go down, so the roommate and I can go on our walk without me evaporating into a wisp of dust like a vampire. I'm on the verge of giving up completely and crawling back into bed for a third or fourth time (I really haven't counted), and trying again tomorrow. But I promised that we'd go hunting the Pokemons (we actually refer to them as Chinpokoman, like the old South Park episode, but I digress), and I am trying to live up to my promise. If nothing else, I should walk as far as it takes to acquire a caffeinated soda to ease my migraine, so that I might get some real sleep tonight.

I don't know if it's the migraine, the post-UV-overdose fatigue, or just life in general, but I'm feeling overwhelmed by technology and the people who use it today. It was all I could do to answer two emails, and I have others just hanging in space, waiting for me to feel like addressing specifics. I know I'm supposed to be this gregarious realtor type, but right now I'm a hermit who just wants people to stop paying attention to her for a few minutes. Where is the middle ground where I'd prefer to stand?

That's it. It's dark enough. Time to go see whether I can walk off a migraine.


No comments:

Post a Comment