Saturday, August 13, 2016

Team Colors

Inspirational song: Oh Sherrie (Steve Perry)

Ah, finally. A good night's sleep actually did me some good. I don't get this often enough in my life that I take it for granted. I feel like a normal person today, and that was cause for celebration. So we went out and took advantage of the improvement. Roommate and I went to a driving range and hit buckets of balls into the wind. I had a couple great shots, sailing into the air, flying more than a hundred yards. And then I had a couple of "great shots" where the ball bounced into the rail between the lanes and flew behind me toward the parking lot. Once I swung way too low, and whacked the rubber hose that served as the tee, but the ball just stayed exactly in place, dropping gently to the astroturf. It was like watching someone yank a tablecloth out, leaving a fully set table intact. I got into a groove after a while, and did pretty well, as long as I started naming each ball after an irritation I've had in my life lately. And then I got tired, and started slicing again. I haven't swung a real golf club in ages. Putt-putt doesn't count. And the Wii isn't nearly as satisfying as doing it in real life.

We thought we were tired, but we ended up stopping at a city park to go on our nightly walk. It turned out to be a happening place, full of Pokemon all over the place, which were also heavily hunted by other people while we were there. We stopped and chatted with a few other players. Every time, the question was asked, "Which team are you on?" First guy we talked to was Mystic (blue) and my roommate is Instinct (yellow). His comment was, "At least you aren't Valor" (red). We walked around the park a little, and crossed paths with a trio with their phones out. They asked our color, and when he told them yellow, in unison, their shoulders hunched, and they said, "Aw..."

We had so much more fun at this park than we have walking around our neighborhood. I think we may make this a regular thing. We were in a beautiful place, with like-minded people, and several cute dogs who wanted to meet strangers. And we both got exercise and felt good after. All in all, a very good day.









No comments:

Post a Comment