Thursday, December 10, 2020

Climber

Inspirational song: One Tin Soldier (The Original Caste)

Dino is getting stronger by the day. Kid feels like she is made of solid muscle now. It might be because we had to isolate for weeks, and she still felt like a delicate flower to me when last I held her. She feels sturdy and strong now, and she climbs all over us like a mountain goat. She's of an age to learn to crawl, but she is less interested in that, and more about straightening her legs, poking her tiny butt in the air, and pulling herself to standing. It's what she did all day today. Aaaalllll day. She pitched over a lot, but we kept her away from hard corners and stiff plastics as much as possible. There were tears and there was anger a few times when she couldn't avoid tipping and bonking something. Overall she did very well, and I'm getting much more sanguine about letting her do her own thing. I'm less tense and I let her work out her methods to build muscle memory and to connect neural pathways. She's totally excelling at this.

The baby was here from the time I had my first cup of coffee until the middle of the weekly D&D game after dinner. We are all going to bed early now, absolutely wiped out. Even Saoirse put herself to bed at 9:30. She is flat on her back next to me, sound asleep. I feel slightly guilty for still having the light on while she's trying to sleep. I'll cave in to peer pressure and join everyone else sawing logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment