Saturday, December 12, 2020

Salve

Inspirational song: Who's That Girl (Eurythmics)

The football game snuck up on me. Who schedules a 10 am kickoff? Apparently CU does. Maybe it was to fit a television slot. Maybe it was to beat the snow. Whatever the reason, I missed most of the first half. Pity that. I would have rather missed the second half, after several of our stars were injured and the kids blew a 21-10 lead. Ah, well. They've played better in this short, odd season than they have most of the last decade. They have a lot to be proud of. Just not today.

Once the game was over, I needed a salve for my emotional wounds. We went over for a short baby cuddle. She was asleep when we got there, and we enjoyed our visit with our daughter. The grandbaby eventually woke, and was her usual charming self. She is getting even better at standing and doing a rudimentary version of assisted walking. She has months before she needs to be really good at it.

Finding a coherent theme has been rough lately. I can't escape the feeling that we are just waiting for something. But what exactly is the goal? The end of the pandemic? The resumption of real estate season? Some milestone for one of the two young girls? I just don't know. It's all a bit vague. It leaves my mind scattered and my writing a bit aimless. I need form and direction. Maybe that will come to me in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment