Monday, December 21, 2020

Ms Bad Attitude

Inspirational song: Pop Muzik (M)

Recovery was every bit as awful as I predicted last night. Yesterday I walked too far, stood too long, and felt every bit of it in every cell in my body this morning. The good news is that regular meds plus Tylenol got me to a normal functional level, so I didn't lose the whole day. In fact, I got a lot of things done. Watching the cat suddenly vomit up the large quantity of water she had just drunk pushed dragging out the carpet shampooer to the top of the list, but I'm not even mad. It got me up and moving sooner, and at the end of this day of exertion, all the fatigue and soreness feels a little more like progress. 

I'm facing the same problem I have every year for the last couple decades. I have a few presents for family members ready, but there's always some I struggle with. This results in all presents for the whole family not being wrapped, packed, or shipped. In fact, the process of finding and packing boxes to mail is one of my most dreaded quests every year. I'd rather have to call my insurance company than mail a package, and if you know how much anxiety I get over phone calls, you'd understand how bad that makes post office errands for me.

I wish I had been able to find a way to celebrate the solstice tonight. Even though we can't have parties, it would have been nice to have a special dinner at least. The motivation and energy just didn't exist this time around. I couldn't see the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter from my house, and I didn't feel like driving out to where I had an unobstructed view. I barely even remarked that it was Saoirse's five month birthday today. I have three days to adjust my attitude and energy levels. I wonder whether I'll succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment