Monday, December 28, 2020

Spitting Image

Inspirational song: Be Prepared (The Lion King)

For all that I swore I was going to spend the whole day today, I sure didn't spend much time in bed. I haven't worked myself into cramping muscles today, for a switch, and for that I am grateful. Neither did I lie around and wait for my batteries to totally recharge. I think I feel better for having a normal day.

I stuck an appointment to have Saoirse weighed (to see what size heartworm preventative to get) in the middle of all the places we needed to go, so we gave the puppy more than an hour out and about with us. She loved it, even though she had to sit in the car with one of us at three of the stops. I stayed with her while the Mr ran into Lucile's for tea, and he stayed with her while I ran through the Ford dealer and grocery store. We stayed in the car while she went in the vet, and we all went through Lowe's where she wanted to greet Ev-er-y-one. She is getting much closer to behaving like a service dog when away from the house, checking in with me frequently. We just have to convince her that when she is a working dog, she will have to give up her title of Cuddle Ambassador. That will be hard.

Btw, while I was at the grocery store, I got the fixings for my version of New Year's Day lucky foods. I like ham and cabbage to go with my black-eyed peas. Everybody needs to have their luckiest meal that day. I'm so desperate for 2021 to be better than this year, I'm resorting to superstition. Feel free to join me. What could it hurt?

The Mr was going through boxes that probably haven't been opened in a decade. He found some photos of the girls when they were little. If we didn't already know our grandbaby was a ringer for her mother, we found another confirmation of it. No baby-switching here!

No comments:

Post a Comment