Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Yipee-Ki-Yay

Inspirational song: Christmas in Hollis (Run-D.M.C.)

Confession time: I have never seen Die Hard, or any of its sequels. Well, until tonight, I had never seen it. We made a point of watching the first in the franchise tonight because, you know, it's Christmas. I was just sure I had seen bits and pieces of this movie at some point, but never the whole thing start to finish. After tonight, I have decided I was wrong. I don't think I had seen more than a full minute of combined clips until now. I'm glad I finally saw it. It wasn't the greatest movie ever made. Not even the best of that decade. But it was fun, in a 1980s action movie sort of way.

We got our grandbaby again today. She was originally supposed to be here for just an hour or two, but the girls showed up a little early. We were going to take Saoirse out for a drive to the store for fish food, but the plan changed. Grandpa took Dino for a walk in the stroller while our daughter and I took the puppy to run a couple combined errands. Then we came back here, and I stayed with the baby while the other two adults went to separate stores. I'm not sure which little girl I'm more impressed by. Saoirse was the Cuddle Ambassador in two stores, and a vocal critic of how long it took them to get our order right at McDonald's drive-through. Whereas Dino was chatty and observant and learning how to do so many complex things all at once. I'm just so happy to have had the chance to spend time with each of them.

During the period when it was just me and the baby at home, a mystery package arrived on the doorstep. Later I learned it was from an old air force buddy, and it seemed to be a really fancy dare. It was chocolate covered jalapeƱos. We offered an opportunity to our son-in-law to try one, which he will do tomorrow. The Mr said he was going to put them in the fridge until then, but first he wanted to taste a small one. I threw up a hand and said wait, don't pop the whole thing in your mouth. I want a nibble. So he bit off half of it, and I took a small bite. Holy moly. I thought it was gonna kill me. Normally I don't find jalapeƱos to be too terribly hot. This was way more than I could handle. Not sure how I will face a second attempt at them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment