Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Post Season Play

Inspirational song: Say Something (A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera)

In the long tradition of choking in the post season, my Buffaloes turned in their average performance in the Alamo Bowl. We made it through the start of the fourth quarter, and then changed the TV to news at 10. For once, I'm sorta glad that big watch parties aren't possible this year. It's less fun to be with a big group when games are this consistently lopsided. Not that this will make me love my Buffs any less. When it is safe to be in crowds again, I will be back in that stadium. And that basketball arena. I'm no fair-weather fan.

I got a lot of that sleep I failed to get yesterday. I kept rolling over and re-closing my eyes until almost 11 this morning. It was glorious. This was the closest to feeling rested I can remember all year. If it wasn't Rotary day, I might have just wandered around in jammies the rest of the day, doing nothing. I mean, it wasn't all that spectacular of a day, but I wasn't a total slug either.

I would love to share deep thoughts at this point, but I have none. I'm just feeling mellow and vaguely happy, which is weird considering how disappointing my football game was to watch. Maybe this mellow is what regular people feel like when they are sufficiently rested. It's lovely. I hope I get to do this again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment