Thursday, December 17, 2020

Cruising

Inspirational song: Climb Every Mountain (The Sound of Music)

I am uncomfortable with being without my car. I have no place I really need to go in a hurry these days, but I still get sort of itchy when my car is in someone else's care. Which is a little weird, knowing that there are three other vehicles here that I could drive in a pinch, but the little blue one is mine. There were a couple recall items I have been putting off for ages, plus the perpetual issue of it forgetting periodically how to shift gears. (The last is a long story--you could probably Google the history of Ford Focus and transmission problems if you are really interested. Mine is a 2013.) It shouldn't be long until everything is fixed. I'll just be anxious without my baby until then.

I tried to share a video with the Scenes From Smith Park Facebook page, but I think I just sent it into a void. The baby is gaining skills faster than we know how to handle it. In the video, she crawls (real crawling now) over to the stairs at her house, and propels herself up three or four of them like a pro, giggling all the way. We are all in trouble now. She was over here this afternoon, but I lucked out. She reclined on my bed with me while she snacked on a bottle and I finished watching the TV show I'd been in the middle of when she arrived, and then she promptly fell asleep. She stayed out for over two hours. I later learned that she had had a fitful night, fussing until after 11. I'm not surprised she was conked out so long.

As the evening wore on, I got another video, sent from the other room here. Grandpa takes a lot of footage, and this time she showed off that not only can she pull herself up holding the ottoman, but she can set herself back down, putting a pacifier in her mouth at the same time. I was glad to see her sit and not tumble. This is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment