Saturday, November 20, 2021

Boosted

Inspirational song: Long Distance Runaround (Yes)

There was very nearly a reason to be angry--I waited all day to drive up to Loveland, to get my booster shot. It was all I could do to wait until 5 o'clock to leave for it. It was full dark when I arrived, and I got a pretty good parking place up front. I tried to check in on the UCHealth app, but it took forever to get logged in. I made it past the first checkpoint, and up to a nice lady at a computer when it finally connected. While she was trying to find my name, I brought up my appointments tab...

It said my appointment was December 11. 

I just about died on the spot. Thank goodness they were flexible about it. The very helpful lady said that happens a lot, and she set me up. She even canceled the other one. Bless her.

The shot process was as quick and joyful as the original vaccinations. The lady who administered it was friendly and didn't mind me taking a selfie while she did it. I felt absolutely fine in the waiting area, and the whole drive back was no problem. I got a little dizzy walking into 5 Guys for dinner, but I brought my food back and settled into the recliner for the rest of the evening. Here I remain. Maybe half an hour ago I started noticing a tiny headache that goes in and out. So far there's nothing else; not even my arm is sore. Suppose I will react at all?

I feel like I should give a shout-out to the city of Loveland and the commercial spaces contained therein. They have their Christmas lights up all over, and boy did it look good. It provided the emotional boost I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment