Monday, November 22, 2021

Right as Rain

Inspirational song: Queen Bee (Grand Funk Railroad)

As I hoped, as I wished, after one day of increased stiffness from the booster shot, I am back to normal. It's like nothing happened to me, other than gaining a sense of euphoria. I just heard some doctor say on TV that the effects of the booster set in much faster--like within 48 hours. So that means now! I'm already improving, according to whoever it was on TV. I felt so good, I went ahead and got a flu shot this afternoon. Watch out, viruses. I'm on to you.

It's a good thing I felt improved. My tiny queen was here for several hours today. She was in a fantastic mood, and we had a blast together. I regret not having a camera ready when grandpa first picked her up. She had a toy smartphone that makes all kinds of noise, and she had her head down, playing with it. He asked her if she wanted to "fall," her favorite game with him where she dives backwards and he swings her back up. She looked at him through the curtain of her bangs, not picking her chin up even a fraction of an inch, trying to decide which was more compelling. The toy phone won out. But oh, those eyes showed how tempted she was.

I had been so bad about leaving laundry, sewing projects, and assorted junk on the guest bed. I had to clear it anyway before daughter number one comes over the weekend. I made myself stick to the job and tidied it up while Val started dropping hints that she was ready for her nap. I had to chase silly, loud grandpa out of the room, so she could quiet down and sleep. Once it was still and silent, she went out like a light. I haven't figured out why it seems so satisfying to see that kid relax and sleep, but it makes me feel like I'm doing this grandma thing right.

No comments:

Post a Comment