Saturday, November 13, 2021

Compress

Inspirational song: Rapid Roy (That Stock Car Boy) (Jim Croce)

Win some, lose some. I watched two CU games on my iPad today. No, strike that. I watched one and three-quarters. I had to turn off the football game when they blew an amazing lead and switched back to their unreliable selves in the second half. That was depressing. The basketball game before that was pretty awesome, though. 

I had better things to entertain me by the time the football game went south. We went over to play Mario Kart and, ah, "taste-test" a new bourbon. I couldn't for the life of me play well, and I could only vaguely blame the bourbon. I finally figured out I was trying to steer with my controller held like I was driving a bus rather than a car. Got better after that.

I have been dusting off my clothing-design skills a lot lately. This past week I have been told to use a compression sleeve on the right side, to stop the very early hints of edema in their tracks. The loaner sleeve the physical therapist gave me didn't fit right, especially at the top, where the silicone strip rolled down and acted like a tourniquet on my upper arm. I looked at the size charts online, and nothing looked better than the one I had, so I started making prototypes. The first one fit around perfectly, but without the unpleasantly constrictive band, it didn't want to stay up. The PT pointed out a style online that was two sleeves connected by a shoulder band. So I made one of those this afternoon with some sturdy spandex out of my fabric collection. (I have no idea why or when I bought it.) So far, it is both well-fitting and staying up as needed. But looking at the weird, torso-less costume I just made, I'm thinking all that time in my mid-20s spent making stage clothes for strippers has come in handy. (Forgive me for not including a picture of the finished product, considering that comparison.)

No comments:

Post a Comment