Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Great Boo's Up

Inspirational song: House at Pooh Corner (Loggins & Messina)

As a rule, I keep my phone on vibrate at all times. I "hear" it better that way, and it doesn't disturb people around me, especially in meetings, doctors appointments, or massages. I also have it set for Do Not Disturb hours, that don't end until 7 am (I think). Thus I missed the texts and call this morning from our daughter asking if she could drop the baby off very early this morning. I was expecting her at 9, and I allowed myself some liquid green relief from cough and cold symptoms the night before. It wasn't until I heard whispered greetings at the front door that I knew she had arrived, and even then, I zonked back out for another half hour or so. By the time I stumbled out in my bathrobe to greet the day, our daughter had returned with coffee drinks from the great local chain. 

From then on, the adult situation fluctuated. Sometimes there were lots of us here, sometimes it was just me. I was pretty quiet, and mostly let the baby do her own thing. She walked around a lot, pulled out tons of toys and scattered them, ate only a little, and seemed quite content to be calling the shots. We had a very pleasant visit.

After she left, and I was entirely on my own, I still had a hard time getting moving. I thought this morning that I was just having an antihistamine hangover. I now doubt it would have lasted this long. Now I'm thinking it was another wave of that marinating radiation reminding me it isn't through with me yet. That, or I picked up a sleeping sickness on one of my river cruises through mosquito-infested tropical jungles that I most definitely took in the last four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment