Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Life

Inspirational song: Some Kind of Wonderful (Grand Funk Railroad)

I was glad to be wrong about one thing last night, and very sad to be right about another. When I stumbled out of bed this morning, it was to find a dusting of snow lingering on the grass and cars. I honestly didn't think we would see any moisture at all, so that was a nice surprise. It was much less pleasant to have to pass along the news to my mother that they did find the pilot in the plane crash of a tanker fighting a fire in Estes Park, and he did not survive. Our hearts go out to his family and friends. 

I spent a lot of time with the baby today, here and at her house. My daughter asked me to come over this morning and entertain Valerie while she cleaned and rearranged her living room ahead of holiday decorating. Val and I sat at the table and had grits (butter, salt & pepper, for the record), and had more much-needed spoon practice, while mommy mopped and moved furniture. I volunteered to have Val come over this evening, even though neither of her parents expected to make it to game night. That was a lot of fun. She was on her A game while she was here. She was interactive and showing off how well she was understanding and trying to repeat back words. Or she was until the folks started arriving for games. She is intimidated by T, probably because he is so tall and kind of loud. She gets shy and hides her face against me when he tries to talk to her. I'm not surprised. I can remember being very little and being super shy around a lot of grown-ups, even my uncle who was totally sweet and funny with us kids. I promised T that she would eventually come around and be chill around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment