Saturday, November 6, 2021

Little Dog

Inspirational song: Dog and Butterfly (Heart)

Dog-sitting was much easier than I expected it to be. I fully anticipated at least one cranky argument between little old lady dog and big puppy girl. There was barking, to be sure, but mostly when Saoirse came inside and we let Sheba have some play time in the back yard with Murray. There is a reason we call Saoirse "FOMO." She was missing out on fun in the yard, and she was so, so jealous. She would be doubly jealous now, if she could see me. I'm in the recliner with my feet up, little dog on my legs, facing the window, waiting for her mommy to arrive. Sheba has been watching the window for hours. (And she just drove up, but little dog is going deaf, I guess. She will get excited enough in a few seconds when the door opens.)

We had a nice breakfast with the girls (our daughter and her college friend). We were considering restaurants, and I offered to just cook, to save a lot of hassles like parking and waiting and potential cross-contamination. Our daughter's friend has two of Harvey's litter-mates (tortie Zalera and ginger Mumba), and our daughter still has Harvey's birth mother and brother (Billie and Ziggy, both ginger). I enjoyed showing off Harvey to them. They said he is bigger than all four of theirs. He does love to eat. 

Of all the games for the girls to make it to, this was a great one. CU showed up to play, and they never gave up. Oregon State put up a fight the whole way. It took two overtimes, but the Buffs managed to win. I don't know that we can "turn around" a rough season at this late date, but it was a big confidence boost to the team, I am sure. Let's see how the last couple games go.

No comments:

Post a Comment