Sunday, November 21, 2021

Immune Response

Inspirational song: She Blinded Me With Science (Thomas Dolby)

First time around--well, first two times around, I didn't think my reaction to the vaccine amounted to much of anything. I mostly just slept a little more. I admit, I worried a little that without all the misery other people had, maybe I wasn't as securely immunized. I didn't know what to expect from the booster. I know so many people who said they were laid out for up to two days. One said the vaccine hurt more than having actual Covid, which he did months before the vaccine was out. 

I let myself hang out in the living room, doing not much of anything, all day. My head hurt just enough that wearing glasses was too much pressure. I didn't ever fall asleep for a nap, so that was different than last time. What was also different was me noticing that my body was actually stiff and sore. It isn't horrible, not so much more than what I feel most bad days. I can see how someone not used to considering a "4" on the pain scale a good day would be freaked out by how much this hurts. I wouldn't want to be babysitting Val during a day like this, but I have had to function at this level of pain many, many times in my life. 

So I have a good feeling about this booster. I think it is actually eliciting the proper response this time. It's not fun, but it is reassuring. Now maybe it's late enough in the evening (checks clock--8:30) that I can go ahead and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment