Sunday, April 17, 2022

ATP Low

Inspirational song: Love Will Keep Us Together (Captain and Tenille)

Gonna be interesting to see whether I have enough adenosine triphosphate (ATP) to complete a whole blog post. I literally used up all of my go molecules cleaning house, cooking, and following that cute little rascal grandbaby. I had suggested earlier that once the kids went home, we should watch season 2 of Bridgerton (he for the first time and me restart after watching half). By the time he was ready, I was melted into a chair, completely pinned by all 6-7 pounds of one Harvey Monkey, the tiniest of man cats. I can't even pick him up, I'm so out of energy. Stumbling into the room with the TV, and focusing my eyes for a whole hour is right out of the question.

It was worth getting this tired, I can't lie. After so many months of having no drive to get my literal house in order, for the last week I've been making incredible progress cleaning and organizing. I can probably point to a half dozen contributing factors, all of which were necessary to get me to this level of functionality. Today I steam cleaned the living room rug, which has to be done a lot more often than you would think, between a grandkid, coffee-drinking husband, and beer-drinking friends. (At least Saoirse doesn't still do puppy things on this rug.) I also did laundry, changed the sheets on the bed, washed dishes, wiped down the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen counters, and mopped two rooms of tile. How on earth did I manage all of this in one day, all before the kids came over? Because then I chopped a boatload of vegetables for stir-fry and chased Valerie around. I am going to pay for this tomorrow.

Well, I actually will pay tomorrow, in tip money to my massage therapist. It will be the first time I'm able to get in since January, and wow do I need it. I was supposed to see my regular guy two weeks ago, but he canceled on me. I don't know why. New girl is very trustworthy, and she knows her way around a large, chronically ill body. I'll be in good hands, so to speak.

Okay, I made it to the end. Now I can post this and maybe "rest my eyes" a minute in my chair, with Harvey still keeping my legs from floating off into space. Good tired is still tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment