Saturday, April 9, 2022

Catching Up

Inspirational song: If YoubLove Somebody Set Them Free (Sting)

Confession is good for the soul, they say, so in that spirit, here goes. I was way, way behind on my "donate an item every day" project. Like had not actually put things in the box since the week before I had surgery. I'd been telling myself to get caught up, but inertia was a stronger force, and I just stayed in my chair.

Today I grabbed a giant cardboard box that had been taking up space in the craft room, and set it out to fill. I transferred all of the February items that were still in the bin into it, and then went around the house grabbing things. I needed 31 items to complete March, and I didn't let myself ponder anything too hard. There were some things I had been mulling over donating, and today, out they went. It was almost too easy, filling up a 2'x2'x2' box. I had to have help getting it into the car, and there was a nice young man at the ARC ready to carry it away for me. I made mention that there were a few glass items in there, and he said they would do their best not to break them in transfer. I said, you know what, they're out of my hands now. I'm not going to worry about it.

I've got my eye on a few things I'm ready to drop off for the next round, and since the month is already 1/3 over, I need to start gathering. I wonder whether there is anything on the outside that can go. Spring cleanup time has started in the yard. Maybe some yard decorations have served their purpose here and can move on. I'll have to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment