Sunday, April 3, 2022

Family Time

Inspirational song: Life in a Northern Town (The Dream Academy)

I am not tired of my new toy yet. I'm going to brag on it like a new mama (or grandma) for weeks to come. It just does so well!

My brother was in Denver for his work all last week. Today was our best chance to get together and go out to lunch. I picked up my daughter and granddaughter, and we went down to meet him. As we drove south to Lakewood, my daughter said, wait, on Wadsworth? Isn't that where (her cousin's) shop is? So she texted them, and they met us at the restaurant where we took my brother. We had a nice, relaxed lunch over pho. Well, relaxed until right about time to pay, when a certain toddler's naptime was getting missed, and she started melting down. Once we got her outside, where she could wander on her own power, he mood improved.

I showed off my car a bit to my family. That was fun. We made it all the way down to Lakewood and back, using almost entirely electric power. I could not believe how long it kept going in EV mode. Wadsworth is nothing but rolling hills, running parallel to the mountains, and even going uphill at 45-50 miles an hour in stop and go traffic, the gas engine barely kicked on at all. What a joy to drive.

I know my brother misses Denver, where he lived for many years. I'm glad he now has a job that sends him out here sometimes, so he can visit it, and we can visit with each other. But man, I am not sad we didn't end up buying that house in Lakewood we bid on around the time we bought here. As we drove south, and I recognized the cemetery that was just to the north of where it was, I remembered how much we wanted that house. But it would have been in such a busy, crowded neighborhood. Too much for me. I like my small town up north so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment