Friday, April 29, 2022

Gusty

Inspirational song: Heavy Cloud No Rain (Sting)

Sometimes my timing is terrible. I've been trying for ages to get myself down to Old Navy for new jeans, because traditionally, they seem to fit my figure better than other brands. I was in search of wide leg or flares, and I was just sure that store was my best chance. I'm sick to death of pants that are tight in the knees and ankles, and I have just enough vanity to think that cut does not flatter a curvy grandma like me. I had to travel 15-20 miles (did not measure) to the closest store, only to find that wide leg pants were so last season. Or the one before. The best I could find in women's clothes was a couple pair in clearance in smallish sizes I haven't achieved since about 2010. That is not to say I came home empty-handed. Turns out men's styles are still cut with loose legs, and I found a pair in the same clearance section that, with a few alterations at the waist and length, might achieve the result I want. Even better, they were 11 bucks.

The girls went on this excursion with me. We loaded up the car thinking it was going to be a warm, sunny day. Grandpa had gone to fly, and we were set to enjoy breakfast and shopping. It was still lovely when we left my favorite gluten-free bakery, but the Mr had already called off his flight time due to high winds. By the time we got to the farm roads on the way to shop, the wind picked up for us too. Halfway to Flatirons Crossing, we saw low clouds completely covering Boulder. It looked like a heck of a storm. If it released a single raindrop on our town, I will be surprised. It seemed to be just colder air and wind, with maybe enough humidity to tease us and no more. By the time we parked the car, it was a race to get inside the mall before the wind tore us apart. It was only slightly better on the way home. And still no rain.

My second day in a row doing extended shopping with that baby. She was every bit as charming today as yesterday. But there is something seriously wrong with her. No matter how much we tried, we couldn't convince her to taste a single sip of Orange Julius (technically piƱa colada Julius for me). Not even the description of it being ice cream juice, or whatever it was her mommy tried to tell her got her to get close. This is the whole reason we drive to this particular Old Navy! Because it's right across from the once-a-year drink place. Someday she will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment