Thursday, April 21, 2022

Mine

Inspirational song: I Wanna Rock (Twisted Sister)

Last week, I got an email offering a free continuing education class on mineral rights in real estate. First, it was on a super interesting topic. Second, it was four CE credits during a time I'm determined to be more up on my required classes. Third, it was local. And fourth, it was free! How could I pass this up?

The class was today at a local hotel conference room. Turnout was good. Easily 40 other realtors also wanted this class, and nearly all seemed as eager as I was to learn the material. The instructor was an underwriter that the hosting title agency bragged about. He knew his stuff very well. They said the same guy will be teaching his class on water rights in the fall, and I plan on attending. I will show up early to get a good seat. Knowing how big a deal water is in Colorado, they had better hire out a bigger conference room.

After today, now I'm raring to go do a little research to see what I can discover about mineral rights owned by various members of my family. I don't plan on exercising any of those rights or anything, but I have a legitimate excuse to go poking around in title records to get better about understanding this stuff when I am related to the people who actually own the rights. This is just fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment