Saturday, April 2, 2022

Not Ready

Inspirational song: Nothing from Nothing (Billy Preston)

The room is dark, and the rug on the YouTube video is half-washed. My eyes kept sinking closed, and I was almost asleep. I can hear the Mr's phone playing videos out in the living room. I was just sure there was nothing keeping me from falling asleep pleasantly to the sound of carpet cleaning, with the remote in my hand to turn the TV off later, if/when I wake up briefly. Then I remembered I didn't blog. Rats. Just watch, I'll do this now, and then not be able to fall asleep for hours.

Babysitting got called off today. I went and picked up the girls from the park, with the idea we would go past Sonic for some cherry limeades, and then drop my daughter off at home in time for work. When we got to that second part, the baby went from being cute, looking out the sunroof in grandma's car, to crying her eyes out and ripping both our hearts to shreds. We have entered a phase of extreme separation anxiety, and none of us know how long it will last. It has been far too many years since I raised toddlers, so I'm as clueless as a new mom. I expect there will be several days in the next period (weeks? months?) where I go stay with her at her house, while mommy works in the basement office. As it was today, she had to be wrapped around mommy's ankles until daddy got home. She never did get a real nap.

We quickly progressed from "the 110 home charger will be fine overnight," to "how much do level 2 chargers cost?" I had that car on the trickle charger from 8 last night to maybe 9 this morning, and when I took it to get the girls, the battery was at 68%. I got started way earlier this evening, in the hopes that it will be completely full when I leave for Lakewood tomorrow. Next week the real research for how to achieve rapid home charging will begin. So much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment