Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Flex

Inspirational song: Dizzy (Tommy Roe)

Last night, I described my body as a rat colony in a trench coat. I said eventually it would turn on itself. Just as predicted, my freshly-kneaded muscles snapped back in my lumbar region, while I was sitting in the uncomfortable chairs at Rotary. I went from feeling just fine to seized up and unable to swing or roll my hips to move smoothly. It didn't necessarily hurt much. I just couldn't boogie to save my life. 

I went home and decided it wasn't worth messing around trying half-assed remedies. I went for the big guns I keep in the vault for days like this. I had one of the stronger flexeril (10mg vs 5mg they gave me for cancer surgery) and made sure I fed the animals on time so that I could snooze. It all worked like a charm. I'm still loose and flexible, and I expect I will be asleep when my head hits the pillow.

In fact, I'm ready for bed now. Looking forward to it and everything. I just have to convince my snuggly boy cat that we need to move to a different spot. He will take it as an insult.

No comments:

Post a Comment