Monday, April 10, 2023

Almost to the End

Inspirational song: These Dreams (Heart)

The U-Haul is in the neighbor's driveway. It is nearly completely loaded. They (T and his mom who is helping drive) are exhausted and starting to panic pack. I have told them that they don't have to freak out too much. Anything that doesn't fit in this truck, or in the camper that they'll be pulling, can stay here until he comes back in June. Mr S-P went over to help them play Tetris with the boxes and furniture, to pack it as tightly as it can go. When T saw how well he does that, even he had to admit that the Mr knows what he is doing. It was a milestone in their 8 year relationship, that a modicum of respect passed between the boys, in between the perpetual teasing. But it's true. Mr S-P is basically MacGyver.

I went shopping with the kids early today, to run errands with my daughter. They went home an hour early, but that still meant I had them for an extra hour on the whole. I was given a hope that the schedule might change, so that I only have them three days a week, not four. No idea whether that will come to pass, but I would be fine with it. This is a lot of work, and my house is suffering from my lack of surplus energy.

To say thanks for helping pack the truck, T treated us to dinner downtown. It was loud and silly as we always are together. T's mom was noticeably fatigued. She's holding up as best as she can, but I know from experience how hard this kind of labor is. Not surprised she's frazzled. 

I took a couple pictures of the guys while we waited for a table. I know I'll look back on this one and get wistful.

No comments:

Post a Comment