Friday, April 7, 2023

Stomp

Inspirational song: Brick House (The Commodores)

Maybe it was that whole supply chain disruption nightmare we all suffered through, but it took me a long time to find the value in the store @home. I went once or twice to the one here in the last few years, and it just seemed like an abandoned, half-empty warehouse. It was quite sad, really. It wasn't until late winter this year that I found what it was good for: pots. They had a great selection of small plant pots. I can get great big ones just about anywhere, but the tiny ones were dreadful in a lot of stores I frequent. @home actually has the small sizes down, and they are not nearly as spendy as other places. Today was a fabulous haul, with three tiny ceramic pots, and one acacia wood bowl that I'm going to drill holes in and use for my string of pearls that needs new soil desperately. It's an unusual application, but it may just work.

Our little man has completely mastered crawling now. He's a speed demon. But for all that he can do it, he just doesn't seem to like it. The only good that comes from crawling, in Dmitri's eyes, is that it gets him close to things he can use to pull up on. He wants to stand. He wants to bounce. He wants to stomp. If he hasn't walked unsupported by his sister's birthday next month, I will eat my hat. I swear this is coming. And I will be glad of it. It wears me out, supporting that bouncing brick. Today he decided he wanted to stand, bounce, and stomp directly on grandma's toes, repeatedly. He also has twisting and lunging down, especially when he sees an electronic device or a spoon. Neither phone nor bowl of ice cream is safe.

After the children left, we went to the neighbors for a steak dinner and one final bad movie night. Couldn't let him get out of town without sitting through yet another movie from the last century whose humor doesn't translate to a modern audience. We know the History of the World part 2 is either out or coming soon. Neighbor had never seen the original, so we gave it a whirl. I still enjoyed a lot of the lines I have been quoting for 40 years, but wow, there were a lot of parts that made us cringe. Now I'm starting to worry the update might not be updated quite enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment