Saturday, April 15, 2023

Shining

Inspirational song: Shine Like It Does (INXS)

When I agreed to do the move-out cleaning next door, I knew I would be walking into a gluten-filled minefield. Can't say that I expected them to have left an open bag of whole wheat bread on the counter, though. (I'm not mad. I'm smiling as I write this, picturing them panicking while packing a couple of sandwiches for the road, before pulling out of town.) 

I did a general walk-through of the neighbor's house this morning, noting the areas that need the most work before it's rental ready. Then I set about cleaning the kitchen first, to make it safe for me to be over there. I only had a couple hours max before the kids were due at my house, so I barely got a quarter of that room done. I focused on the column where they stored food and brewed coffee, plus the stove and microwave area. Those spots are shiny clean now. (Thanks, Midwest Magic Cleaning dude, for the tip about all-purpose cleaner made of alcohol and dish soap!) 

The big conversation pit couch has been moved out, taken in by one of our game group folks. This means I'll have to bring in a place for me to sit and rest while I'm cleaning. Conveniently, the garage has a boatload of stuff they couldn't fit in the truck. I'll drag a chair in for my use.

While we had the kids, we made our last big trip to the north Denver (Thornton? Northglenn?) Costco we usually frequent. I asked to detour past our new store on the way home. The Mr drove me around the back side of it, taking a circuitous country road route. We have less than 3 weeks until our store will be open, and yes, I want to be there in the hectic throng on opening day. It will be so nice when it doesn't use up a full charge on the car to get there and back. But if it's closer, and we can go more often and make smaller purchases, will it still be the 400 Dollar Store?

No comments:

Post a Comment