Thursday, April 27, 2023

Salut

Inspirational song: Breakdown (Alan Parsons Project)

The song tonight is a little annoying, even though it's one I really like. Mr S-P read a text from our friend who said he has been listening to that band a lot lately, and without any other prompting, that song started up in my head and won't stop. Earworms are tricky things.

Other than a couple of hours wiping out closets and cleaning an oven, all next door, I accomplished nothing. I have been fighting a wet, irritating cough for a couple of days. It might have come through the kids, which is actually a relief, so I don't have to cancel babysitting this weekend. But it did mean I needed a little green juice to quiet the cough last night, and it gave me an antihistamine hangover today. I dozed through much of the morning. Then to quiet the same cough when I got home from next door, I had another dose. I have been mostly unconscious ever since, and now I am trapped under roughly 60 pounds of cat (combined). Two giant cats and one average cat who is very food motivated noticed that I was sitting mostly unmoving, with prime lap real estate available for homesteading. I'd like to get up and go to the bathroom and get a snack, but I guess I have to stay here until I die now.

No comments:

Post a Comment