Sunday, April 30, 2023

Get with the Plan

Inspirational song: Lawyers, Guns, and Money (Warren Zevon)

Wasn't it the movie Robocop, that had those weird little commercial-esque insertions, with the people saying, "I'd buy that for a dollar!" It was either that or Running Man, but I feel like it was Robocop. We've been using that quote for so many years, I really had to work to remember what it was from. 

Tonight, as I was doing market research for all the towns around here, I poked around a little on the Colorado secretary of state page, where it says what to do for establishing an LLC. Before I had read the general overview, but hadn't clicked on any of the links to supporting documents. This time, after doing things like searching to see whether the name I want to use is available (yes), I clicked on the fee schedule. It took a bit of scrolling to find the exact relevant line, but when I did, I found good news. Thanks to recent action by the state legislature, instead of a $50 fee to register an LLC, it is currently a single dollar. Well. Isn't that nice for a change. Something costs less in 2023. I won't get used to it, don't worry.

I'm getting to crunch time to get this plan formulated. I need to present my projections to my managing broker in the next day or two, and see whether he wants to expand the conversation to the rest of the crew at the sales meeting on Wednesday. One way or another, I expect to be moving forward by Thursday, filing paperwork with the state and talking to banks and lawyers and whatnot. Gotta get real very quickly now.

The kid pictures are a little blurry today. Seems apropos. I feel like I'm vibrating with all of T's regular anxiety that he must have left behind when he moved and dropped this huge life change in my lap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment