Friday, April 21, 2023

One Thing at a Time

Inspirational song: Flowers on the Wall (The Statler Brothers)

I'm juggling a lot of things at once, and I'm not getting very far on any of them. I started my morning working on cleaning the house next door, and while I did a lot while I was there, I only had about an hour and a half of solid work before I had to come back and babysit. I still have to clean out the fridge, do both bathrooms, and fill nail holes for touch-up paint. I'll get there, I just need to focus.

Then tonight, after kids left and I had time to zone out while mindlessly eating popcorn, I started looking at stuff online that would help me launch a property management company. I think I know which software I want to use, as it is an all-in-one kind of thing, and that would help me out as a solo artist here. I thought I knew which bank I was going with, but their website left me confused. Maybe on Monday I can go talk to a human and see if it is the right place for me. I think I'll take a continuing education course on the basics, just to make sure I'm on the right track. I'll need CE credits anyway. Might as well make them relevant.

And not to be outdone, both of those kids are making giant leaps in their development. Dmitri ate like a farm hand today, which leads me to think he is going to add another brick to the bag of bricks he already is. Boy is solid. And he is practicing letting go when he stands all the time. He has about two and a half weeks to beat my prediction for when he takes his first unsupported steps, and I think he will make it. Valerie is ridiculously smart, even if she has a tendency to space out and not respond when you ask her to do something (gee, like just about everyone in her family). She is taking after grandma, memorizing all the plant names, and remembering her jokes about calling a snake plant a watermelon peperomia (she and I laugh every time). She helped grandpa water a tree he planted last year in a place where the hose doesn't reach (oops). And she absorbed fully when I explained to her that mommy, daddy, grandpa, and grandma all have names just like she and Dmitri do. It was pretty cute hearing her speak our names. I've been waiting to have that conversation with her, and it was finally the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment