Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Packed Up and Ready to Go

Inspirational song: Black Betty (Ram Jam)

First, a bit of good news. I had my annual mammogram this morning, and I got another all-clear. I can go another year without worries. Tonight's inspirational song was mandatory, after Mr S-P told me last weekend that every time he hears me say "mammogram," he hears the abovementioned song in his head, and immediately thinks "bam-ba-lam."

The neighbor stayed an extra day to finish packing up his truck and the ratty old camper that his wife loves (and he distinctly doesn't). There is just no way he could fit everything into the size truck he was able to secure, so there will be things left behind until they return in several weeks for whatever it is he has to do with his work. I have promised to help them sort out what's left, and finish the cleanup. Every time he or his mom start to stress over some detail that will be left undone, I promise all over again, "Don't worry. I got you."

We went out to dinner again, since for real now, there is nothing left in the kitchen for them to cook or serve on. So now I'm extra emotional, and feeling even more off because I had a single glass of red wine with my meal. (Who is this lightweight woman?) I'm going to go be verklempt again, worse than yesterday. Talk amongst yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment