Wednesday, April 5, 2023

New Adventures

Inspirational song: Changes (David Bowie)

A whiff of something new is in the air. I'm not ready to completely reveal it yet, but we are in the process of hatching a new scheme that might end up being beneficial on several fronts, for multiple people. When I have concrete plans, I will say more.

I spent several hours today tidying up and polishing the neighbor's house. We needed listing photos, and his mom and I did most of the spit-shining, as it were. We didn't get every single room done, but most of the hard stuff is over. I still need photos of both small bedrooms (or offices, as they were being used), the master bath, and front and back exteriors. By mid-afternoon, both mom and I were tired and ready to call it for the day. I tried to take a nap and failed, and if I read the signs right, she probably succeeded. We can finish with pictures tomorrow.

The original plan was for our entire D&D group to go see the new D&D movie tonight. The neighbor declined because he was freaking out over how much he had to do to move. Then the movie theater changed the showtime from what it had promised over the weekend. That knocked out two more of our party. Still, we managed to gather six of us to see the movie, and we enjoyed the heck out of it. Was it a perfect film? Not at all. But it was amusing to us, and we got all the references and inside jokes. We are so glad we made the effort to go see it in the theater. The ones who didn't make it will probably stream it later, and when they do, we will go watch again with them.

Now to make myself sad seeing pictures of our hangout space looking somewhat depersonalized so new people want to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment