Friday, July 19, 2024

Low Expectations

Inspirational song: Right Here Right Now (Jesus Jones)

We don't talk enough about how great it is when all the other members of your household are out for the evening, and there is no one around to look at you funny for your dinner choices. Is what I had a complete meal? Maybe not in the classic sense, but it had green vegetables, grains, and olive oil. Let's consider that a win, shall we? I mean, it was literally a whole bag of cut okra, thawed, dredged in GF flour and cornmeal, and fried in a shallow layer of EVOO, but it was what I had been craving for two weeks, and I didn't have to share it with anyone. I also made a cherry cobbler, with home grown cherries, but I saved that for right now, when the Mr was home from the climbing gym. I'm about to learn whether it was any good.

It was fabulous not having a long list of expectations for my time and energy today. The weather was way cooler than predicted, so the windows stayed open all day. It was a little gloomy, which added to the relaxed vibe. I wasn't needed for babysitting or driving anyone around, and I never went farther than watering the plants out front. These are my favorite days.

I'll get some alone time this weekend too, but I hesitate to make specific plans for it. I think that was what made today so special, a lack of directives. I know there are lots of things I should do, but unless they turn up on my bingo card this weekend, they'll stay on the back burner. I have a lot of important dog cuddling and video watching that might take precedence.

No comments:

Post a Comment