Friday, July 26, 2024

Low Mileage

Inspirational song: My Hometown (Charlie Robison)

Wow, I really am a homebody. Almost to the point of embarrassment. I've had my car nearly two and a half years. Today, on the way to the dealership in Golden, to get my second complimentary oil change and service, I passed 16,000 miles, right about the time I reached the northernmost edge of Golden. Technically I have two more free services left, at 24,000 and 32,000, or at the three-year mark, whichever is first. I'm going to need to make a few trips to squeeze one more freebie in before the end of March. What an excuse for travel!

I worried it would be unpleasantly sunny on the drive down, so I wore a loose and flowy long sleeve shirt to protect me from UV rays. Instead it was overcast and sprinkling the whole way, and I kept bumping my car a/c up a little warmer over and over. What a problem to have. It rained most of the time I was in the waiting room. Incredibly calming to watch.

I intended to take a photo to show what an absolute beast our black petunias have been up front, but once I finally fed myself an actual meal (at 7:30 pm), the rain made it to my yard for the first time today. It sort of ruined the effect I was going for. But it was still pretty. And in exchange, cooler air is blowing in, and I get to hear thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment