Thursday, October 25, 2018

Sense of Completion

Inspirational song: Let Him Fly (Dixie Chicks)

After weeks of work, the project is finished, and I handed the coat off to my kid this afternoon. A few hours later, she flew off to the event where it will be a dominant part of her costume. She is the live model for the lead character in her old friend's comic book that debuts this week at a Comic Con in San Antonio. The book is called Lost Heaven, set in the Old West with a Mexican aesthetic, and it features a blonde bounty hunter named Veronica who is courted by La Muerte. This is as much as I know about the story so far. I contributed to the Kickstarter for it, but my copy hasn't arrived yet. I've watched the artwork evolve over the last dozen years. I'm rather excited to see it fully produced. I'm also looking forward to receiving pictures of everyone all dressed up for the debut.

I was up until 230 this morning finished the hem. I put on the buttons last night while we played D&D, and I missed a social engagement earlier in the evening while I was pinning the lining in place for hours and hours and hours. Somewhere in my sleepy stupor, I missed noticing that the hem wasn't aligned perfectly. This afternoon, before the kids came by to pick up the coat to pack it, I saw that the exterior of the coat bloused a little over the top of the lining on two panels. I was able to fix one, the worse one, before they left with the coat. I sort of had fantasies that someone would see my work while she was prancing around Comic Con and want to commission me, but with the hem still slightly puckered on one foot-wide spot, maybe that won't happen. We shall see.

I'm miles behind on sharing some of the photos I've taken of the ani-mules who live in this house, so maybe tomorrow I can work on catching up on pet stories. Or maybe something big and exciting will happen. It is a Stampede night in Boulder, if I remember to go. I ought to, since Homecoming is this weekend. So maybe the animal stuff can wait until Sunday.







No comments:

Post a Comment