Sunday, October 28, 2018

Squirrelly

Inspirational song: Who's That Girl? (Eurythmics)

By necessity, today needs to be a light day. I had a great time at Homecoming yesterday, but man, am I moving slowly now. My legs appear to be made of wood, and I don't mean a nice flexible balsa. Forget Ol' Ironsides. I appear to be Ol' Oakcalves.

That stiffness and fatigue didn't stop me from caving in to a very domestic impulse. I ran out for berries early this morning, to make crepes for the guys while we watched the early football game. After a nap, I went back to the same group (plus one) with steaks and baked potatoes, which I grabbed on a whim on my way between where they keep the blueberries and where they keep the whipped cream at King Soopers. Not sure why I had to provide all the nutrition for the group for the day, but it seemed like the right thing to do.

Coming home with bags of food, I was watched intently by a small rodent with a twitchy tail. I asked her whether she would stay in place while I took some pictures of her, and for the most part she complied. I just wish I'd had better aim with the one free hand holding the phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment