Friday, October 19, 2018

Texture

Inspirational song: Dead Man's Party (Oingo Boingo)

Some days you just need to crawl into a fresh, clean pile of laundry to soothe yourself. Harvey insisted on it this evening. I spent most of the day doing something similar, hugging a blanket and taking comfort in the softness, if not the warmth. The electrical misfires in my nervous system are getting more frequent. I lost the whole day to them today, as I did yesterday. I sort of expect them to get worse as the next few days pass, as they have done over time for more than a month. I'm so sick of this.

At the same time tonight I felt like a hip young person and a super old uncoordinated one. Neighbor got Mario Party for his game platform, and I joined the 20 and 30 somethings playing it tonight. I lost a lot. I came in last out of four both times. But once in a while I did well in the side games, usually by accident. I think I missed out on a lot by not playing video games as a young adult. It would have been nice to be coordinated in that way.




No comments:

Post a Comment