Saturday, October 27, 2018

Video Playback

Inspirational song: Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)

Oh, it just can't be easy. Lead for 58 minutes of a game, and then blow it in the final minutes. Several years back, when my younger daughter did her one season in the marching band, someone taught her to cal CU the "Buffalose." They did it today. Until those last few minutes, though, it sure was an incredible day.



I didn't play piccolo today in the alumni band. I thought I'd just sit behind the band and watch the game this year. It was probably the right call. I casually walked along the side of the band in the parade to the stadium, getting a bigger dose of the drum cadence that I usually do. (I declared a few years back, that if I were ever to have another wedding ceremony in my lifetime, that drum cadence is what I would use for the processional.) I didn't shred my lips trying to play the fight songs every minute for three hours. And I chose not to march back in parade formation after the game. It saved me just enough energy to stop for pho on the way home. (I'm smarter than you thought I was...)

The day could not have been more perfect, absent a win. It was warm without being hot. There were high clouds over the stadium all day. I still got a tiny sunburn, but it wasn't bad. We were late to rehearsal this morning, but since I wasn't playing, I didn't get wrapped up about it. (It was also my fault.) The tailgate food was a bit more disappointing than last year's. No, make that a lot more disappointing. It was cheap, and we got what we paid for.

Now, let's see how many videos the program will allow me to add.





























No comments:

Post a Comment