Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Back at It

Inspirational song: I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead (Warren Zevon)

Not one of us has any energy to spare, but that didn’t keep us from getting stuff done today. The Mr loaded up the truck and took three big loads of building materials up to the cabin. Me, I made it to Rotary for the first time in weeks, and that wasn’t all. I picked up the kid after she got off work, and together we burned through all of the accumulated mess in my guest room. Older daughter is due to visit soon, and I had abandoned all of the pour painting supplies across the entire guest room, and laundry was sky high on the bed. I needed a place for my daughter to sleep, and I needed the floor to be safe enough for my grand-dog not to get into trouble overnight. I think we got enough craft supplies stacked and organized for Sheba to be clear.

I don’t know what to expect for tomorrow. Will I have another crash like yesterday, unable to shower or dress or even stay awake? Or am I getting strength back and I’ll be okay cooking for the gaming crew? I’m hoping for the latter. I don’t know that I can afford another experience like the former.

The next ten days will be precious to me. I’m able to eat, socialize, and drive myself around. I am considering myself halfway done, even if the calendar doesn’t quite match. I’ve been trapped in the house an extra long time this cycle, and now I plan to cram as much excitement as I can before the next infusion. Well, it will be exciting for me, as it won’t be the same taupe bedroom walls I’ve been staring at for weeks. Exciting might be relative.


No comments:

Post a Comment