Monday, July 8, 2019

Slow

Inspirational song: I Want to Break Free (Queen)

The worst is probably over. That doesn't mean it's smooth sailing yet, but I crossed several major milestones today. I started by getting up again, stripping the sheets off of my bed, and then getting them all the way to the middle of the kitchen before the Mr informed me that Murray's laundry was sitting in the washer. I abandoned my heavy load (included the cotton blanket and the quilt), and went to sit in a chair with a glass of water and my iPad. I was in the chair much longer this time, for possibly over an hour, before I needed to lie back down. It felt like much longer than it was. I remembered looking at the clock (without my glasses on) and thinking it said it was nearly 1 pm. A few minutes later, I looked up to realize it was actually not quite 10:20, and I'd read the hands backwards. It made me so tired to realize it was still mid-morning. I needed a nap after that.

Without sheets, I still had a microfiber fleece blanket that really isn't the right weight for a day like this. It's too thick for the heat, and too short to cover both shoulders and feet when I get chilled. I still had some gastric upset, but I have progressed to the point where medications do me more good than ill. I'm incredibly disappointed in the anti-nausea meds, considering all day long I kept gagging and having horrible flashbacks when I remembered what they tasted like yesterday.

My two biggest victories were most welcome. I managed to take a bath, and this time I had the energy to put on deodorant afterwards. That was one of the greatest feelings of the whole month to date. Of course, right after, I crawled right back under my non-breathable fleece blankie, so I have to temper my joy. And then, after the Mr finally made it home with a loaf of gluten-free bread, I got to have toast. We don't own a toaster anymore, so he made it on a cookie sheet under the broiler, and burnt the first two pieces. He remade it, and brought the whole collection to me. I ate everything but the most burnt parts. My stomach immediately rebelled, but for several hours, it has stayed down. I'm not willing to try any more food yet, but it was so wonderful to be able to put something in my mouth that didn't cause the bitter sensation on the sides of my tongue.

I'm having a lot of generalized and very specific pain. I gave in over the last hour and took something to address it, and now I'm waiting. If my headache wanes, I'll know it's working. If it helps numb my hips that are angry at how much time I've spent lying down, then it's a miracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment