Monday, July 29, 2019

Small Comforts

Inspirational song: Little By Little (Robert Plant)

Guess who managed to get a shower today? Maybe you don’t consider it a big accomplishment, but for where I’m at this week, to me it’s significant. I hadn’t really been upright since Saturday, and my world was getting a bit rank. It was all I could do to stand there in the water for about two minutes, and I immediately had to sit down on the edge of the tub when I turned off the tap. Still, I am less stinky. I rested a few minutes, and even swiped a toothbrush through my mouth before I settled back into bed for the remainder of the evening. It’s the little things that make it worth going on during the down week.

My headache has not let up for a second since yesterday morning, although I have been taking painkillers and sleeping as much as possible. I’m managing to drink more water than last round, and as of now, I haven’t thrown up yet. If this is the improvement promised by lowering the dose of chemo meds, I’ll accept it. I still feel like hell, but it’s a much lesser plane of hell this time around.

I don’t want to open my laptop to find a recent photo to attach. That’s too much work. I’m going to dig through the old stuff on my iPad, and see whether there’s a pretty flower from Charleston I can share. That’s about my speed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment