Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Gifted

Inspirational song: I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight (Atlanta Rhythm Section)

Things have been too stressful in the outside world. While I'm going through all this heavy stuff in my immediate life, I've rediscovered the glorious freedom of disconnecting. I've been leaving my TV off most of the time, and when it's on, I've been watching marathons of things like Barnwood Builders or Fixer Upper. My total time on Twitter is reduced by about 90%, and I'm checking it far fewer times per day as well. This leaves me a lot more time to accomplish things, even if I don't have excess energy to get all the way done with all of it. With help, I've gotten my guest room ready to live up to its name, I've maintained the level of tidiness that the cleaning lady provided last week, and I managed to shop and make dinner for the whole gang tonight. Okay, I had to sit down a lot (a LOT) while I made the chicken stew, but it didn't spoil the soup for me to sit down to chop veggies.

The next two days are going to be miserably hot, but I don't have much I have to do, and none of it outside. If I'm feeling particularly frisky, I'll go outside long enough to water my flowers and pick another quart or two of cherries off the little tree up front. If not, I'll hide in a dark house in the coolest room I can find.

I had a particularly wonderful afternoon. My in-laws (sister-in-law and her husband) came for a visit. It's been a while since I have seen the family, and it was really nice to catch up. As a bonus, my sister-in-law knitted two caps for me out of cotton yarn, in colors I wear all the time. The caps I had been wearing were a little on the snug side, possibly because they were made of Spandex. These were made to the exact measurements of my bald head, so they fit perfectly. The blue one has little eyelet holes all over, so it was just right to wear during this evening's game, when my house never dropped below 85 degrees all night. I'll be wearing these often. I'll also be wearing them for the remainder of the year. I doubt I'll have much hair until at least Thanksgiving, and even then it'll be short. I might even be cold this winter because of it. Right about now, that sounds divine.


No comments:

Post a Comment