Sunday, July 7, 2019

Fast

Inspirational song: Hungry Like the Wolf (Duran Duran)

I really wanted to eat today. At the same time, I really did not want to eat today. I thought about food most of the day. I pretended I could eat gluten free toast and butter, if I had had any in the house. Mr S-P looked for some I could handle at Costco, but they had ingredients I couldn’t digest, even on a good day. It was for the best. I would have regretted it too much had I tried. As it was, I had half of a ginger ale and half a snack cup of applesauce, and I’m now in a fresh level of hell.

It’s possible my fresh hell is that oat flour peppermint I put in my mouth for less than ten seconds on Tuesday. I knew it would cause me problems, and then I promptly forgot about it until this afternoon. The pain and distress came at a very bad time for me. I don’t think I’m as dehydrated as the first cycle, and I definitely didn’t lose as much weight all at once, but I’m still in the process of concentrating myself a bit.

The Mr sent a photo of his cart at Costco, as commentary, and I noticed he had bought a new pack of gluten free pizzas. That made me want to try some when he got home. I’m glad I never asked him to make one. The ginger ale and applesauce coated the sides of my tongue in angry bitterness, and it just made me sad. I would say I have consumed roughly 100 calories between Thursday night and Sunday night. The anti-nausea meds didn’t help in the least. The second prescription they gave me was a melt in the mouth kind, and it had aspartame in it. So nasty, it made the nausea worse. I may have to admit defeat, and just suffer through the next eight weeks on my own. I can’t see what other options I have.

No picture. It would involve too much that I’m not up for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment